marywithhugs

♥ Book Hugs and Reviews ♥

I am passionate about hugs, reading books, and family. Hugs in all forms are necessary to life ♥ One of my favorite hugs is reading. Any book regarding any topic, any time. ☺

The Taste of Innocence (Cynster, #14)
Stephanie Laurens
When the Devil Drives
Christopher Brookmyre
Voodoo Spells
Sam Hammack
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)
James Dashner
Blood Skies (Blood Skies, #1)
Steven Montano
Lux in Shadow
R.G. Alexander
Charmed
Erica Ridley

The Mark of Cain (The Cain Chronicles: Book One)

The Mark of Cain (The Cain Chronicles: Book One) - A.D. Seeley I just love... or is it really hate this book. Anahara, the quintessential good girl, has never been kissed, doesn't watch TV or drink or smoke or get mad or cuss even in a minor way; falls for the ultimate, baddest of the bad: Cain, Adam's firstborn son. Inac Adamson (Cain) controls the world through an organization he originated and there is nothing he (or they) wouldn't do to obtain what he wants. What Inac says he wants now is Anahara's death. Everything hinges on 'the prophecy' but no one has enough information to direct the outcome or even knows what the outcome will be.

This book asks questions. Hard questions. Can there really be free will if any part of life is controlled by destiny? Can something really be wrong if it is necessary for human survival? What is the real difference between right/good and wrong/evil? I'm not sure there are any single answers to any of these questions or that finding the answers would change anything, past, present, or future. What I do know is that I couldn't read this book without becoming emotionally involved in the outcome and will be continuing the series... because I have to.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from the author, A.D. Seeley, through the Modern Good Reads group on Goodreads.